Location: New Hampshire
We are seeking an experienced Level III Systems Engineer to provide Managed Service customers with technical leadership in the installation, configuration, support and management of GreenPages solutions and related technologies. The role is based in Kittery, Maine, commutable from much of Eastern MA. This role is responsible for escalation management, quality assurance, and technical account management within the Managed Services technical delivery team. This individual will provide guidance within the Managed Services department on product capabilities, services, tools, and technologies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports Managed Services customers with Focus on Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, VMware and various Citrix products
- Investigate, analyze and troubleshoot customer environments
- Provides leadership and acts as escalation point for other members of the Operations Team
- Acts as Technical Account Manager for some larger customers with more complex environments. This includes creation of technical roadmaps for these customers
- Participates in pre-sales activities to understand client challenges and work with SA to design solutions
- Investigate, analyze and troubleshoot customer issue trends. Establish a plan of resolution and execute the plan with minimal supervision while mitigating risk or disruption to the customer environment.
- Quickly and effectively communicate with customers within our SLA.
- Take a consultative approach to improving the effectiveness of our customers' computing environment.
- Participate in special projects, including new service development, as requested.
- Ensure documentation of customer environments is kept current and usable.
- Continual research and development into new offerings and new technologies
- Identify and research technologies and tools that are relevant to the ongoing development of the Managed Services business and customers
- Assist Managed Services management in continuous refinement of tools, processes and procedures to improve service delivery
- Provide guidance and mentor other members of team.
- 7+ years of practical experience supporting Windows and VMware environments
- 5+ years of experience supporting Microsoft Exchange preferred
- 3+ Years of experience supporting Citrix XenAPP, (PVS, XenServer, XenDesktop and NetScaler a plus) preferred
- Candidate must be extremely responsive and well organized
- Ability to manage a dynamic case load complex issues, including the ability to effectively work, manage, and report status on multiple open tickets at one time.
- Must be able to investigate, analyze and troubleshoot complex customer issues and can effectively facilitate group troubleshooting.
- Ability to make decisions on issue resolution without supervision, while taking into account risk remediation required to minimize disruption to the customers' IT environment.
- Ability to work effectively with the highest levels of technical support within OEMs and other 3rd party organizations
- The Managed Services Engineer, Level III has at least a \"Proficient\" understanding of most of the following:
- Windows Server Platform Administration and Support (Server 2003 to current, Active Directory)
- Citrix XenAPP
- Shared Storage EqualLogic, EMC, NetAPP etc
- Network/IT Security
- Networking device administration , support and implementation (Router, Switch, and Firewall)
- Managed Services Operations Process, Tools & Discipline
- Customer Communication and Expectation Management
- Customer Technology Road mapping and workload optimization
- One or more Linux distributions and common applications components (Apache, MySQL Tomcat and JBOSS, and PHP)
- Public cloud deployed environments (Amazon, Savvis, and Terremark preferred)
- Bachelor s degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Prior client relationship or Technical Account Management experience is a definite plus.
- Relevant industry certifications, such as:
- Microsoft MCTIP or MCSE
- Cisco CCNA or higher
- Citrix CCA or CCAA
- VMware VCP
- ITIL v2 or v3 Foundations a definite plus
Position can be located either in Charlestown, MA or Kittery, ME. Travel is expected to be less than 15% but will include occasional travel for customer and sales meetings, as well as industry events. This person has no direct reports
The Managed Services Engineer, Level III is assigned to specific coverage times, which are subject to change according to the needs of the business. When dealing with critical customer issues, Engineer is expected to work beyond normal coverage hours either until the issue is resolved, or until the issue is appropriately transitioned to another Engineer capable of accommodating the issue. Work is performed primarily within a GreenPages business office, but may include work at customer sites as well. Engineer is expected to help cover after-hours calls on a rotating basis.
GreenPages is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. GreenPages does not discriminate in any aspect of its employment practices against any qualified applicant or employee on account of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status. We encourage you to send us your resume if you are interested in pursuing a career with us.To all recruitment agencies:
GreenPages does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and ask that you do not forward resumes to GreenPages employees, any physical GreenPages location, or any GreenPages email address. We take no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.