At SmartBooks, we're focused on a singular purpose: to give small businesses across the U.S. a better result from their bookkeeping, accounting, payroll, HR, and tax functions. We are a local industry leader and are looking for a passionate Accountant to join our team.
* You will collaborate with a team of 6-9 accountants to profitably deliver great services to a group of the company's clients, performing and supervising accounting and bookkeeping tasks including: Managing AR and AP, journal entries, managing the month-end closes and financial statement prep, and successfully identifying and delegating client tasks to supporting team members.
* You will apply working knowledge of GAAP, financial close processes and accrual accounting.
* You will consult with clients on financial matters, including understanding their business needs and effectively delivering related information.
* You will help deliver high quality solutions to clients, including driving efficient service delivery operations, implementing best practices, and maintaining technology expertise.
* You have worked in accounting for small businesses and have a customer service drive.
* You have worked at a CPA or Accounting firm.
* You strive for financial statements to be organized and accurate.
* You enjoy the challenge of working with multiple clients, learning their businesses and helping them succeed.
* You are computer & systems savvy and love learning new technologies.
* You have the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team and client base.
* You are highly productive, organized and deadline-driven while working in your home office.
MORE ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY AND COMPANY:
* Our clients are mostly businesses with under $5 million in annual revenue.
* We have a results-oriented work environment. You must be comfortable meeting measurable goals on a weekly and monthly basis, including but not limited to keeping up with clients' weekly accounting needs and monthly close and reporting.
* We have extensive employee benefits plans, including flexible paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts for both healthcare and dependent care, short & long-term disability, life insurance, 401K plan, and stock appreciation rights.
When you apply to SmartBooks, you will be asked to complete an application and answer a few questions to help us determine the potential for a great job fit. We then have a multi-step process which includes skills assessments and interviews to determine skill level and culture fit.